OUR MISSION IS TO ENSURE YOU MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MENTORING RELATIONSHIP
The Solvay Mentoring Program creates personal and professional one-on-one relationships between students from BA3 to MA2 and alumni mentors, who act as role models and provide them guidance during one academic year.
Since its founding in 2015, the student association has successfully created numerous mentee-mentor relationships and built a network of over 40 companies in 12 industries.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Benefit from general career orientation advice
- Receive additional information about your industry of interest
- Broaden your future job opportunities by making new connections
- Get a privileged entry point into the business world
- Enhance your resume and cover letters & prepare for interviews
- Receive valuable tips for your academic & extracurricular projects
- Build a strong relationship with a student
- Help a student reaching his objectives
- Keep in touch with the University
- Be part of a strong network
- Refine your mentoring and coaching skills
- Learn how to spot weaknesses and turn them into strong suits
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM YOU
- Establish the first contact with your mentor
- Take initiatives and show a strong commitment
- Plan ahead meetings or calls with your mentor
- Be receptive to suggestions and feedback
- Prepare carefully for every meeting or call set up
- Keep in mind the goals of the mentoring program and be appropriate in your requests
- Answer to all communications respectfully and in a timely manner
- Be grateful and follow-up on each communication
- Approach the mentoring relationship with an open mind and show respect
- Reach an agreement with your mentee on how you will contact and meet each other
- Determine the frequency of your interactions
- Help your mentee set goals and track progress
- Help him in his professional and personal development
- Answer to all communications in a timely
STUDENT SELECTION PROCESS
First, create a profile on our website. You will then have access to our alumni base. Finally, upload your resume and answer a few questions.
Our team will carefully review your application based on your resume and the questions you were asked to answer.
The interview will consist in a short discussion of about 15 minutes and will focus on your objectives and motivations.
Finally, our team will do its best to find you the best match possible considering your objectives.
Have a look at our database and spot your perfect match